The Dead City Academy Forum
Welcome to DCA, to be able to have all the privileges and see the chatbox you need to register, it's quick and easy, our members await your arrival.
Welcome to DCA, to be able to have all the privileges and see the chatbox you need to register, it's quick and easy, our members await your arrival.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Dead City Academy, a place where you can find the most challenging players.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dead City Guests, Just register and join us in our chatbox, can't wait to see you all around Smile
Welcome to DCA, Enjoy your stay and join our community in the Chatbox!! Smile
Tournament In the Announcements Page Stickied! Register only if you're going to participate.
The Test Arena is now Open, You may take the Challenge or the Gladiator test!! Good luck.

Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression

Go down 
+2
Gusty
Blackwingggys
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackwingggys
Dead Warrior
Dead Warrior
Blackwingggys

User statistics
Level: 1
Health:
Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Near death100/100Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression DEAD  (100/100)

Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 am

how does this situation work
i have blizzard in hand with whirlwind on the field
i summon blizzard choose to activate its effect my opponent chains to the effect royal oppression
do i get a monster with black whirlwind?
Back to top Go down
Gusty
New Citizen
New Citizen

User statistics
Health:
Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Near death100/100Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression DEAD  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes. It's not negating the normal summon, blizzard was summoned, so black whirlwind goes off. then you activate Blizzards effect, which is negated, and he's destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Frogboy
Lich lord
Lich lord
Frogboy

Location : S. Korea! Oniong ha se oh? I am American btw... White caucasian... yes!

User statistics
Level: 19
Health:
Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Near death877/877Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression DEAD  (877/877)

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Chain:
1) Blizzard
2) Whirlwind
Oppression cannot be used since it cannot touch chain link 1
Resolve:
2) Whirlwind adds card to hand
1) Blizzard SS monster.

Royal Oppression must be next in chain to the effect it wants to negate. In this case however because multiple effects are triggering simultaneously, the Blackwing player can place the summon effect on the chain first, followed by Whirlwind's search effect.

That makes it impossible for Royal Oppression to be used against the summoning effect, it cannot insert itself in between the two activations, nor can it be added at chain link 3 in this case.

If the timing for one Optional Trigger is correct, the timing for all of them is correct. If one misses the timing, all miss the timing. Optional Triggers miss the timing when something 'happens' in between the activation condition being met, and the next opportunity for that effect to activate. Other activations do not make them miss the timing - a Mandatory Trigger or another Optional Trigger activating will do nothing to other Optional Triggers.

In the above example, it is Blizzard's summon that meets the trigger condition for two effects. Nothing has 'happened' after this, so both can form a chain with each other.
Back to top Go down
Blackwingggys
Dead Warrior
Dead Warrior
Blackwingggys

User statistics
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm

your wrong lol
when i summon blizzard i can choose the order
this would apply i choosed to active the special summoning effect
so therefor i can activate it's effect
and i got this from a youtube user who is a judge at world
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Basic devil
Basic devil
Darkness

User statistics
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 pm

So gusty was Wrong Or Frog?
Back to top Go down
Stark
New Citizen
New Citizen
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm

It's simple blizard effect is negated and you don't search nothing with Blackwhrilhind
Back to top Go down
Frogboy
Lich lord
Lich lord
Frogboy

Location : S. Korea! Oniong ha se oh? I am American btw... White caucasian... yes!

User statistics
Level: 19
Health:
Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Near death877/877Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression DEAD  (877/877)

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I looked up on internet from several sources, Pojo, TCGplayer, Yahooask, YF.. and all have the same conclusion which is:

Blizzard cl1
BWW cl2

RO cannot be chained to cl1 since turn player des not have priority. The they do not have priority to respond is because Blizzards effect and BWW both activate upon Blizzard's ns.

RO does not negate BWW, and their for the effects resolve backwards, BWW 1st with search and then with Blizzard's ss, and RO misses the timing.
Back to top Go down
Somebody Else
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Froggy is exactly correct. Black Whirlwind can protect Blizzard from Oppression.
Back to top Go down
Gusty
New Citizen
New Citizen

User statistics
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 pm

Frog is right. I was tired when I thought about that, it's a case of missing the timing.
Back to top Go down
Somebody Else
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:39 am

Not quite the same thing, but yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression   Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizzard + whirlwind + oppression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dead City Academy Forum :: Dead City School :: Yu-Gi-Oh Rulings-
Jump to: